Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are you going to help me?

Are you going to help me?

In 1989 an earthquake measuring 8.2 points in almost razed Armenia, in less than four minutes killed more than 30 000 people.

At the time of this nightmare and chaos of a certain man left behind a wife, convinced of its safety, and rushed to the school, where he was to be his son. Having reached there, he discovered that the building flattened. Recovering from the shock, he remembered his promise, which once gave to his son:

- Whatever happens, I always come to you for help!

Tears filled his eyes. He looked at the pile of rubble in the place where once there was a school. It looked absolutely hopeless, but he remembered his promise to his son!

He tried to remember where assigned his son every morning. Remembered the location of the class, which was supposed to be in the right rear corner of the building. He rushed there and began to dismantle the stones.

Meanwhile, the school approached other grieving parents, who are in despair, cried:

- My son! My daughter!

Some parents in good faith tried to pull the stricken people from the ruins, urging:

- Too late!

- They died.

- You can not help them!

- Let's go home!

- Be realistic, there is nothing to do! The father appealed to every parent with one question:

- You're going to help me?

And he went apart stone by stone pile to get to his son.

Appeared marshal and tried to drive away all the remnants of the school building, explaining:

- Now everywhere erupting fires, explosions occur. You expose yourself to danger. We ourselves take care of everything. Go home.

In response to this loving father asked the fire:

- You're going to help me? Policeman came and said:

- You are angry and behave irrationally. Expose the danger of others. Go home. We ourselves Let us this.

The father asked in response:

- You're going to help me?

He courageously continued to disassemble obstruction alone, because he was sure his son was alive or dead.

He dug 8 hours ... 12 o'clock ... 24 hours ... 36 hours. Finally, at 38 o'clock, he pushed a huge stone and heard the voice of her son.

- Armand! - Called his father by name. And the reply was:

- Dad! It's me, Dad! I told other children not to worry. I told them that if you're alive, it will save us. But you promised: "Whatever happens, I always come to the rescue!" And you did it, Dad!

- What were you going? How is it? - Asked the father.

- We left fourteen of thirty-three, Dad. We're all scared, hungry, want to drink. Still waiting for you.

When the building collapsed, then a niche, and it saved us.

- Come on, my son, come out!

- No, Dad! Let the other children come first, because I know that you will save me. Whatever happens, you come to my aid.

/ Mark V. Hansen /