Thursday, February 18, 2010

My declaration Self-esteem

My declaration Self-esteem

These words were written in response to a question of fifteen girls: "How can I prepare myself for a full life?"

I have myself.

Throughout the world there is no one who would be my copy. There are people who have certain features repeat mine, but no one puts the figures as I am. Therefore, everything that arises in me - it is my inalienable, because I'm one to choose which to be.

I own everything that is in me - my body, including everything it does; my mind, including all my thoughts and ideas, my eyes, including images of what they see, my feelings, whatever they were, - whether it be anger, joy, desolation, love, disappointment, excitement; my mouth and all of the words that I say - polite, sweet and rough, right and wrong, with my voice - loud and quiet, all my actions, whether they are directed for someone else or herself.

I own my fantasies, my dreams, hopes, my fears.

I own all my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. I can make work in their own interests.

I know that within me there are features that puzzle me, and those about which I do not guess. But while I was friendly with him and I love myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solving puzzles to learn more about yourself.

Whatever I said or did not and no matter what I thought and no feeling at the moment, anyway it's me.

When later I go back to how I look, say and do, as she thought and felt, it may happen that something I do not like. I can discard what is not appropriate, and to preserve what has proved its usefulness, and invent something new instead of what I brushed off.

I can see, hear, think, say and do. I have a recipe to be close to the other, have a great capacity for work, to give meaning and order of the world of people and things that are beyond me.

I own them and therefore can create yourself. I am I, and I have everything in order.

/ Virginia Setir /