Saturday, April 21, 2012

Robin S. Sharma

Take care of the church

Several months ago I had lunch with one of his colleagues on the lecturer craft. At a time when we were discussing their individual techniques that allow us to stay focused, balanced and work - in spite of a busy schedule - at the peak of its capabilities, a colleague of mine made one very true remark:

- Robin - he said to me - many people regularly go to church or cathedral - in other words, in any church, to focus their inner strength and prepare for further trials of life. I differ from them, because I visit my own "temple" - the gym.

Then my colleague said that, despite his busy schedule, he closes exactly 17:30 the office and makes a daily "pilgrimage" to the gym to run a few miles on the treadmill machine. Nothing can stop him is to devote time to strengthening its health and happiness.

The arguments of my friend reminded me of the saying of the ancient Romans referred to me in my first book, "Megazhizn»: «mens sana in corpore sano», which translated from Latin means "in a healthy body, healthy mind." This old saying has convinced me that to my body, we should be treated as a temple, and considered it sacred, if you want to live a long and fulfilling life. Regular exercise not only improve health but also improve a person's ability to think clearly, stimulate his creativity.

In addition, they help to overcome the severe stress that so often experience in life.Special studies have shown that physical exercise not only makes life more interesting, but also extend our years. The study, conducted among 18,000 Harvard alumni in order to determine the role of physical exercise for their health, experts have concluded that one hour of exercise prolongs the life of each of them for three hours. In terms of longevity, it is hardly possible to find what - it is more effective than exercise.

The main thing to remember:

Anyone who does not give the time of exercise, will inevitably spend it on treatment for their illnesses.

Personally, I set out to swim five times a week. Swimming has on the body regenerate some special effects, the nature of which I have not been able to uncover. Unfortunately, I can not say that I can always follow the plan. However, this lofty goal makes me focus on the idea that I need to maintain a perfect fit for my overall well-being and improve the quality of my life. Each training session in the swimming pool gives me the same result: I'm energized, I feel calm, balanced and happy.

Pursuing physical development, I get a truly priceless gift: the ability to see the world in its true light. After forty minutes of swimming, any problem standing in front of me seem to me to be less complex, and that any unpleasantness - petty and insignificant. At this point I feel that I live a full life. Taking care of my "physical church" reminds me that the greatest pleasures are the most simple things.