Sunday, November 22, 2009

Find time for order to see

Find time for order to see

We have all heard the expression: "Be still and breathe in the smell of roses." But how often do in our turbulent and rapidly changing life, we find the time to draw attention to the world around you? We are so engrossed in our business plans, thoughts about career, traffic, or about life in general, that we do not notice people around her.

I guess I suffer from this deficiency, similarly disconnected from any external influences, especially when the leading car on the crowded streets of transportation in California. But not so long ago I happened to witness a single incident, which showed me what I was deprived, shutting himself in his close little world.

I was heading to a business meeting and, as usual, wondering in his mind, what I should say. So I drove up to a very busy intersection where traffic lights had just switched to a red light. "Well, - I thought - perhaps slip into the next time on the green, if I could get ahead of the rest.

My thoughts and the car worked on auto-pilot, ready at any moment fall from space, when suddenly an unforgettable sight made me get out of his trance. Young married couple, both blind, were walking hand in hand on the busy intersection, while passing them in all directions with noise swept machine. The man held the hand of a little boy and the woman held to her breast sucking child, apparently wearing a heart another child. Both were held in outstretched hands of the white cane, feeling the pointers that could help them to move across the road.

At first, I was touched. These people were able to overcome what I consider one of the most terrible physical disabilities - blindness. "So what, perhaps, hard to be blind!" - I thought. However, my thoughts immediately broke down and was replaced by horror when I noticed that the couple, instead of going on a pedestrian crossing, leaned on a diagonal, heading into the thick of the approaching vehicles. I seriously feared for them because he was not sure whether other drivers understood what was happening.

While I watched them from the front row of cars (where I could see everything in full view), my eyes the real miracle happened. All cars, moving in all directions simultaneously stopped. I have not heard a screech of brakes, no sound horns. Nobody even yelled: "Get away from the road!" All of a sudden stopped. It seemed as if time itself for a moment cut short its course for one of the family.

Stunned, I looked around at the cars next to me, to make sure that we all see the same thing. Attention was focused on remaining as a blind couple. Suddenly, the driver of the machine to my right decided to act. Poking his head out the car window, he shouted: "Right!" Really! " Other people followed his example, repeating in unison: "Right!" Really! "

Even without a thought jumped to the side, the couple changed the direction in accordance with their instructions. Relying on his white cane and the cries of concerned citizens, they safely moved to the other side of the street. When they reached the edge of the sidewalk, one thing struck me very deeply - they still went hand in hand.

I was puzzled impassive expression on their faces and came to the conclusion that they are unlikely to have an idea of what is actually happening around them. Nevertheless, I immediately felt a sigh of relief escaped from the breast of each stopped at the intersection.

As I looked at the machine next to me, the driver on the right, grabbing his lips the air with difficulty said: "Well, well, you see that?" "I can not believe!" - Replied the driver left. Seems we were all deeply moved by the scene, witnesses who had just started. Human beings are at a moment surpassed themselves, to help four needy people.

Later I was reminded of that story and pulled out several important lessons. The first of them: take the time to look around and really see what is happening in front of you. Do this and you will understand that this moment - all that you have, and, more importantly, this moment - the only way for you to change the course of his life.

The second lesson that I learned is that the goals we set for ourselves can be achieved by believing in themselves and trust in other people, even despite the seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

The purpose of a blind couple was to go unscathed across the street. The barrier also served eight rows of cars aimed straight at them. And yet they are without fear and doubt were going forward until he reached the sidewalk on the opposite side.

We can also easily move forward towards its goal, not paying attention to the obstacles that stand in our way. All that is required of us - is to trust your intuition and take care of other people who may have a more profound vision of what is happening.

And finally, I began to really appreciate the gift of view, which is still too often take for granted.

Have you ever thought about what it means to live without eyes? Just imagine for a moment that you have to cross a street with more traffic, being completely blind. How often we forget about the simple, yet priceless gifts which we are endowed!

When I left that busy crossroads in my life been more understanding and compassion for other people than when I arrived there. Since then, I decided to see the world as it is, and every day, traveling on business, thank God for the abilities given to me.

When you go through life, do yourself a favor: to slow down and give yourself time to really see the reality. Take a moment to pay attention to what is happening around you right now, at this very spot. Otherwise you may miss something remarkable.

Jeffrey Michael Thomas