Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nido Kubeyn WALT JONES

Nido Kubeyn

WALT JONES

Nobody denies the fact that traveling and doing things you love great, but not everyone can afford to travel or carry out the cherished desire of a mature age. Florence Brooks joined the Peace Corps when she was 64 years. Gladys Klappison lived in a small apartment of the University of Iowa and worked on a dissertation on competition of the title Doctor of Philosophy, when she was 82 years old. Ed Stitt, aged 87, studied at the college in New Jersey. Ed said that education prevents him from aging and disease can keep a clear mind.

But no one is so struck my imagination and not sunk into the soul, as Walt Jones of Tacoma, Washington. Walt outlived his third wife, with whom had been married 52 years. When his wife died, some of your friends sympathize with him, it's hard, perhaps, be left without an old friend, the former number for many years.

- Of course, it is hard, - Walt answered, - but at the same time a bad thing.

- Not bad? - Asked him in amazement.

- I do not want to talk about his late wife badly, she had a good character, but in the last decade, I was with her seriously. - And Walt explained what it was: - It has no interest in, and gradually turned into a stagnant, backward people. Ten years ago, when I was 94 years, I told my wife that we have not seen anything in the world except the Pacific Northwest. My wife asked me what I am. mind, and I replied: "I want to buy a camper and visit the remaining 48 states. How do you like my proposal?"

"You're crazy, Walt!" - Exclaimed the wife.

"You do not want to travel?"

"Yes, we will perish in these trips! We will die and no one will find our graves. And who, incidentally, sits behind the wheel?"

"Of course, I, my dear," - I replied.

"You are burying us!" - Said his wife.

I like to leave footprints in the sands of time - continued to Walt. - But what about traveling can be said, sitting at home?

- Walt, and now, when your wife died, what are you going to do?

- I buried his wife and bought a camper. Now in 1976, and I'm going to visit the remaining 48 states and in such a way to celebrate the bicentennial of the founding of the United States of America.

That year, Walt was able to visit in 43 states, selling souvenirs and trinkets. When asked whether he takes the car hitchhiking tourists, he responded:

- Never. I'm afraid that someone would rob me, sharahnet on the head or we would get in an accident.

When the day his wife died, Walt took just six months, he has not bought a camper, but I've seen him in the car sitting next to an attractive 62-year-old woman.

- Walt! - I cried when we met. - In the car were you?

- I, - he said.

- Who is the woman who was sitting next to you? This is your lady of the heart?

- Yes.

- Queen of heart? Walt, but you have been married three times and now you 104 years. This woman is younger than you forty years!

- So what? - He said. - After the death of his wife, I quickly realized that the man is hard to live alone in the camper.

- Yes, Walt, I understand you, you are alone and no one to talk.

- And this, too - without hesitation he said.

- Same? - I asked. - You allude to the fact that you have this woman a romantic interest?

- Of course.

- But, Walt, in the life of man comes a time when ...

- You're talking about sex?

- Yes, the reserves of the human body is limited ...

- Perhaps you're right.

In 1978, when our country began, inflation, Walt became a major investor in a housing project. When asked why he did not take the money in any bank-tested, and put them in housing, Walt said:

- Do not you know? Now the country's inflation. Funds can invest only in safe projects, profits from which will appear through the years.

In 1980, Walt sold at a discount a significant portion of their property in Pierce County, Washington. It soon became clear that he had not filled their pockets with big money, but expects profit in the future.

- I signed a contract for 30 years, the money will come back when I was banging 138.

His 110 th anniversary of Walt said on the TV show Johnny Carson. He looked great: a gray beard and black hat made him look like Colonel Sanders.

- I'm glad you're here, Walt, - said Johnny.

- When you're 110 years, it always good - Walt said.

- 110?

- 110.

- How much?

- Carson, are you deaf? In my opinion, I clearly put it: I am 110 years old.

- It is interesting that you're older than me twice, no three days.

Readers, too, obviously impressed by this date. One hundred years and ten years - this is the path traversed by this man.

Walt, meanwhile, smiling, continued:

- How many years should be a man if he can forget the date of his birth? Did he never looks at a calendar? Or very upset that passed through another year? How many years do I? 30? 40? 50? Incidentally, when I turned 50, my friends came to congratulate me, dressed in black suits, with withered roses in their hands, as if it was not a birthday, a funeral. Johnny, know, life does not end in 65 years. I was familiar with people who are only to age 75 are living happily and even thrive. For example, my housing project, in which I invested a few years ago. In 105 years I became a much richer life than before. Want me to share with you a secret, John?

- Of course.

- Forget about birthdays.

I hope that the history of Walt Jones inspire our readers to stay young at heart until the last day of his life.