Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Joe Vitale
Spiritual Marketing

When I worked on the book "The Seven Forgotten Secret of Success", I began an obsession. I gave up two years of my life on it, to pay tribute to Bruce Barton, a man greatly affect the life of our country, but somehow get lost in the story. One day I got a call from the MD of west Texas. He wanted to hire me to write a book instead. Although I was not inclined to do this, I thought to go to him would be correct. I flew to him, signed the contract and returned to Houston, having in hand a non-refundable check for a substantial sum as a retainer for writing a book.

Weeks passed, then months. All this time, most of its energy I spent on the book Burton. I rarely take a book doctor and have not heard anything about it. In the end, I decided that I should go to him and to some material. So I booked a ticket, and began to write his book. But something strange happened. Every time I called the doctor's office, no one answered. This went on for four days. Then, the day before my departure, someone picked up the phone. It was the manager of a doctor.

- Bill, this is Joe Vitale - I began.

- Hey Joe - his voice seemed unsure.

- What's going on? No one answered my calls for four days.

- The thing is ... plans changed.

- What?

Bill muttered something unintelligible. I asked him to repeat it. I could not believe what I heard.

- The doctor at the prison, - he said.

To say I was stunned, to say nothing. I was in shock. I was speechless.

- Doctor in prison? - I managed. - Bill. What's going on?

- You know, the doctor violated the terms of parole.

Again a shock.

- You want to say that he was in jail before?

- Uh, the doctor sent the bomb his ex-wife, he was caught and sent to jail - Bill explained. - He was released and allowed to once again become a practicing doctor, provided that it will no longer have to deal with weapons and explosives.

- Do not tell me this - I said.

- Yes, yes, in his desk found an explosive device.

It took me a while to recover from this event. But I would like to draw your attention to the wonder that is present here. When I signed a contract with the doctor, I was given a large sum of money. Refundable money. The money allowed me to work on the book Burton. And then, when the doctor was in jail, I was released from this contract. I do not have to write a book for him.

Somehow, God or the universe (as you like to call this invisible force) created a scene of this great event. Am I organized it? It is highly impossible. As I wrote this ad?

"From the doctor is required: to be a former criminal who want to write a book and be ready in a few months to go back to prison, so I was able to leave his money at home." I do not think so.

 

(To be continued)