Thursday, October 11, 2012

Richard Webster

Memories of past lives

Antecedents

 

Birth - not the beginning, and death - not the end.

Chuang Tzu (c. 369 - 286 years. BC)

 

"Last summer my husband and I go to the country. So we rested for the first time, and it was not easy to sleep in the open air under the stars. Well lie in the arms of her husband, but then he fell asleep, and I was in a few hours dozing, expecting an attack at any moment. After three days of this holiday I was finally able to sleep late at night, and I saw a dream in which a small American Indian boy who is lost in the place where we set up camp. I could feel his anxiety and fear when he was trying to find some food and find a way home. At night he lay on the ground, and as I could not sleep, listening to every sound and movement. It seemed to him that he was being chased by someone or following him, and he kept looking back. This went on day after day. In the end, he could no longer stand it and ran. However, the leg got stuck in the roots of the tree, and the boy fell and broke it. He could not move and was lying on the ground waiting to die ... I woke up sweating, my heart was pounding. I am convinced that was the boy. Takes everything so vividly and realistically, it could not be just a dream. "

 

"All my life I've been tormented foreboding, as if something bad is about to happen. Last year, the first time I've been to Athens, and when I was in the Parthenon, this feeling washed over me with unprecedented force. I collapsed on the stage, tears rolled down my face. Men passed by, asked what help me, but I could not say anything to them. She knew just what was here before. Not in this life to another. Something bad happened to me in the Parthenon, and visit this place all my senses sharpened. From the day I got rid of them completely. I do not think I really want to know about the events of that past life. "

 

"My brothers and sisters quickly learned to swim, I was always afraid of the same water. But his father is infuriated, because our family was fond of boating and spent the entire vacation right on the water or on the beach. Thirteen year old boy's parents took me to a hypnotherapist because of my nail biting. At the reception, I accidentally went back to a past life, which took place on a small island in the Pacific. All of it was good, we were engaged in fishing. One day we were sailing in a hurry to the house to escape the approaching storm, but he still caught us. I fell overboard and, although he was an excellent swimmer, drowned. Before reincarnation never thought about it. The doctor explained everything to me, but I did not tell her parents that look too strange. And the strange thing - that my present mother in a past life was my wife. This has long made me confused. "

 

Have you ever thought about your past lives? At one such interest is a vague memory of something that happened in the distant past. The other - the desire to learn more about yourself: where they were and where they were going. In any case, there are techniques that allow extension of your past life.

 

Thousands of years, people believe in the idea of ​​reincarnation. This belief has spread throughout the world: in Asia, the Americas, Africa, Australia and Europe - all believe that death - not the end, and it is followed by a revival in a particular body.

 

In the East, reincarnation is always seen as a matter of course. This concept is an important part of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism. Initially absent in Shintoism, it gradually became a part of the belief system, when in the twelfth century, Buddhism reached Japan. It is true that reincarnation is not part of Islam, but it takes the direction of the Sufi idea of ​​rebirth.

 

It is known that the ancient Egyptians were buried with the dead near the magic spells that would help revive the man in his chosen form. In Greece, in the sixth century BC, the Orphic cult taught that all people are sinful in part, partially holy. However, evolving through various incarnations, we learn to get rid of the part of our sinful nature and is in the end of holiness. At this stage, of course, the cycle of rebirth ends 1.

 

Later Orphic ideas were accepted by Pythagoras and become an integral part of his philosophy. The scientist was able to remember their past lives. Iamblichus (Iamblichus) in his work "Life of Pythagoras", wrote: "Pythagoras brought a lot of evidence that he had knowledge of their past lives, it allowed him to plant another visionary attention and remind them of their past existence" 2. In past lives Pythagoras was: Trojan warrior Eforbusom, preacher Germotimusom, burned rivals Cypriot fisherman Pirrusom, Phoenician prostitute and a peasant from Thrace 3.

 

Socrates also believed in reincarnation. According to legend, the last morning of his life was spent in thinking about how to birth the soul of man there, and how it will continue to live after the death of his physical body. Socrates philosophically analyzed human life, leaving us with the famous expression: "Know thyself!". I must say that his original ideas about the soul is the subject of discussion is now.

/ To be continued /