Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Water in woolen socks
Mysterious meeting, which occurred during a duck hunting, is haunted Dyadchenko IV (St. Petersburg, Peterhof). What I want to tell true story, especially when it happened, I was not alone. Although I lost touch with these people, and a lot of time has passed, but they are, I believe, still live, live, and could confirm what I said.

Years, probably 20 years ago I had to hunt with two friends in the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan, the ducks on the evening flight. The point of this hunt, in a nutshell, was the following. Ducks fatten day on the beach, and after sunset the night flew into the bay. That's when we took them. This bay at that time was small - for whole kilometers could walk along the paths through the reeds into the depths of it, and the water just reaches the edge of hunting boots. Reeds and rushes growing on the gulf coast, reaching the sea. The further away from the coast, the less and less vegetation grew, and finally turned into a small mound, after which only begins to clean water. Over here, on the water and flying ducks sleep at night.

I must say that shooting in the dark is very difficult. Actually, it is, and even the then abundance of game, we, young people, and attracted to the night hunting. Rules of shooting in those years in those places were great, but I must say, rarely got to us, and my other friends to carry them out, because, as I said, hunting in the dark is very difficult. So, once the three of us, me and two of my friends - Vovk and Valery - all three 18-year olds (nepyuschie!) hunter - gathered for a night shoot ducks. Of course, you first had to walk about two kilometers through the reeds and reed taller than a man. Then these growths began to thin, and there were bumps. Choosing one of them, higher and drier, the three of us got on it, spread the cartridges (in the dark to know what you take) and waited. There was no wind, the sun was setting. September day was hot, and clouds of mosquitoes and swirled above us.

Behind us out of the water meters in seven stuck another bump, less our, and her impenetrable wall to whole kilometers stretched jungle jungle. Ducks usually appear one by one, by two, and then, as soon as the sun goes down, fly whole flocks. Our mound I was right, Valery - in the middle, next to me, and Vladimir - on the left, away from me. When it began to get dark, and the duck on all sides stretched over our heads, we were busy shooting and just forget about everything. Quickly darkened. Visibility got worse by the minute and so, sitting on a mound, all three of us kept looking around, afraid to miss the next game.

Looking around again, Valery sitting next to me suddenly said softly:

- Behind the old one appeared. Fisherman probably. Look, watch shoot, it is not caught. And I warn Volodya. I quickly looked around. On the mound, which was behind us, stood and looked at us strange grandfather. Remember his gray beard, long white shirt and dark trousers tucked into light wool socks. Boots were not - I could see it. If there were any shoes or overshoes - they are not in the dark to see. Yes, and I had no time to consider it particularly - the sky above his head and sang on countless duck wings whistling, and I remember, only one thought flashed between shots: "I found grandpa fishing spot! There six trunks Babakhan all sides, and he with its fish! Catch nowhere else, or what? Well, at least Valery warned ... "

Suddenly I felt the gaze of Valeria. Glancing at him, and saw in the twilight of his wide-open black eyes in astonishment, as if I had heard his thought, both amaze and me, "How did he get here? Boat will not work here, and where it is - his boat? And on that mound - only through us! " As if on cue, we both simultaneously turned back, and I felt like I have, without any exaggeration, his hair stood on end. Bump behind us was empty! Completely empty! No one on it was not!

Of course, if I had one, would be to assume that all of this, this bearded grandfather - just a figment of my imagination. But then Valery seen! I remember he and I jumped up as if stung, and all eyes were staring at an empty mound. Volodya, puzzled glance at us from below, also rose.

Interrupting each other, we are looking cautiously around, told him about the old man. Unpleasant sensation, as if someone looks at you from the darkness, increased with each passing minute. It was decided, without delay, to assemble and to quickly move to the coast - not to hunt costs! And, frankly, I have never felt so uncomfortable, as during that two-hour night crossing rushes to shore. Only when we went out on the hard ground, there was a calm, and we were trying to explain to each other what has become of my grandfather, and how he could ever get there in their woolen socks! Oh, sure, I checked with Valery's what he saw, and our impression is naturally aligned. I repeat, we were all sober, and also go to the drunk on a night flight, where we have to shoot a threesome with bumps, can be decided only a madman. And so we have not been able to explain to myself that if we had seen.

I confess I still do not understand how this old got there, and where he could hide from us, but in any water and devils, of course, do not.