Thursday, October 11, 2012

Louise Hay

LIMITING IDEAS FROM THE PAST

     There is a phrase that I really like:

     Endless possibilities. I first thought about the meaning of these words, hear them from my teacher from New York, Eric Pace. Thanks to them, I learned to overcome those limiting ideas that I had been vaccinated as a child.

     When I was little, we did not realize that the criticism has no relationship to the truth, but merely a consequence of a trifling trouble or failure of the day. I'm willing to put up with criticism, mistaking it for the truth. It has led to a serious limitation of my internal capabilities and a distorted view of itself. Even if I was not ugly, stupid and awkward, but that is how I feel.

     Most people have ideas about life are formed before they turn five years old. In adolescence, they are slightly adjusted. And when we get older, occurring in our minds change quite small. When I ask people why they have on such an issue is such and such a view, they are usually surprised to discover for themselves that came to him at a very young age.

     So our life is limited to representations of five children. These restrictions, in turn, are given to us by our parents. Even the best parents in the world can not know everything. Each person has their own idea of ​​limiting. They can be passed to others. Therefore we say and do the same thing is said and done by our parents.

     We have learned by heart the phrase, "It's impossible," and "It will not work." However, we do not need any limiting ideas, however important they may be.

     Some of the ideas can be positive and benefit us. Statements such as "crossing the street, look around," or "fresh fruits and vegetables promote health," regularly serve us throughout life. Some of the statements may be useful in their youth, but over the years lost its value.

     For example, we tell children, "Do not trust strangers." In five years - is important. But in adulthood, it can lead to isolation and loneliness. How nice that you can change any views!

     When we say, "I can not" or "It will not work," or "I have not the money," or "what the neighbors think?" - We limit ourselves in thought and deed. As for the "neighbors", this idea - one of the most serious obstacles to the pashas of life. "What think my neighbors, colleagues, friends and all the others?" This is a very good excuse for inaction, because we think so. "They would have never arrived. They hardly have to taste.'ll Do nothing." The funny thing is that society is constantly changing, and changing views of the neighbors is very difficult to please everyone.

     If someone tells you, "No one has ever tried to do it this way" - you have every right to say, "So what?"

     There are hundreds of ways to do something, so choose the one which is considered the best. We repeat the absurd things from the others, for example: "I did not have the strength," or "I have not the age," or "I'm too young," or "I'm not high," or "I have been born a boy (girl ). "

     By the way, how often do you pronounce the last sentence? "I - a woman, and I will not act like that" or "I - man, and I'm not a person." Your soul does not have a sexuality. I believe that you have chosen your floor before both were born. This is the experience you have decided to get in this life. A sense of inferiority associated with the fact that you do not like your floor, it's not just a bad excuse, but a sure way to give up their inner strength.

     Limiting ideas often do not allow us to know the immensity of its features: "I did not get enough education." How many people can get this statement in his way! We must recognize that education - is something invented groups of people who say, "You can not do anything until you start to follow us." We can accept the idea of ​​limiting or step over it. I have long put up with the fact that "no good anywhere," because once dropped out of school. I think this is the truth. I said, "I do not have any education. I can not think. I can not get a good job. I can not do anything."

     But once I realized that she has set for itself the boundaries that have no relation to reality.

     I abandoned this idea and began to explore the immensity of its features. I realized that I can think of. I discovered that I like to communicate with people and easy to acquire new knowledge. I have found that is capable of such things that used to seem to me incredible. I put an end to the limited.